Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Tuesday, September 11, 2012

32-33 Weeks


Miss Brooke is getting soooo big!  She is starting to give me jabs in the side and ribs and have lots of hiccups.

Good news!  I passed my glucose test!  YAY!!  I had a feeling that huge meal at Carrabba's 12 hours before my first test probably had something to do with it (thank goodness!).

We also had our 32 week ultrasound and got to see Brooke with some fat on her.  The coolest thing we saw was her opening and closing her eyes and mouth.  We could also see her foot right before she kicked me, and then she did.  I guess she was just saying hi to Mommy and Daddy!
She is head down already, weighs about 4 lbs 2 oz and is in the 41st percentile for size.  The doctors expect her to be about 7 lbs when she is born.  She also has what appears to be lots of hair!
Here is one of the ultrasound pictures.  It is a little blurry, but you should be able to make out the left side of her face with her eye partly open. Looks like she has chubby cheeks like her Mommy!

Mood: Getting nervous and excited at the same time.  Still have a few things to get done before she demands her entrance!
Energy: Sleeping is not so fun anymore.  Waking up every two hours to either go to the bathroom or flip sides because I am uncomfortable.
Cravings: Sweets!
Nausea: I am noticing that if I eat just a LITTLE too much, it feels like it is hard to keep down, but I haven't felt nauseous or gotten sick.
Total Weight Gain: 21 pounds
BEW this week (per BabyCenter):
This week your baby weighs a little over 4 pounds (heft a pineapple) and has passed the 17-inch mark. He's rapidly losing that wrinkled, alien look and his skeleton is hardening. The bones in his skull aren't fused together, which allows them to move and slightly overlap, thus making it easier for him to fit through the birth canal. (The pressure on the head during birth is so intense that many babies are born with a conehead-like appearance.) These bones don't entirely fuse until early adulthood, so they can grow as his brain and other tissue expands during infancy and childhood.




1 comment:

Charlotte Werner said...

I am just now looking at the difference in the 31 and 33 week belly pictures. She had a huge growth spurt! Holy moly!!